Dax Calculations - Sessions w/ dates window dynamic

Hello awesome team,

I am running an analysis on the bounce rate of my new customers and I would like to achieve the following results in Power Bi (I have done already successfully in Excel so I can provide how the exact results should look like).

Data structure in my model:

1. Two fact tables: a) New Registration Dec (w/ the list of New Registered Users for that month & the day of registration; b) Sessions Dec (w/ the day on which the sessions have been run, all the users that ran sessions not just the new ones but everybody and the # of sessions;
  2. I have created two look-up tables: a) the dates one; b) New Registered Users creating the proper relationships.

Using the date filter context, as you can see in the report page, I was able to calculate:
a) # of New Registered User per day;
b) # of how many of those registered users had sessions on the same day on which they registered
c) the % of daily bounce rate

Now, what I would like to do next would be knowing how many new registered users had sessions between the day on which they registered and the next 6 days, dynamically. What I mean by dynamically is two-fold:
a) the time window has to change depending on the day of registration (i.e. if I join on Dec the 1st, that time window will be from 1st to 7th of Dec// if I join on Dec the 2nd, that time window will be from 2nd to 8th and so on and so forth);
b ) if possible, I would like to have a parameter that allows me to change that ending date dynamically: instead of being between the day of registration plus the 6 days after, I would like to slice and dice that ending day by 10 days after or 15 days after or 60 days after keeping the beginning day ALWAYS as the registration day.

I have attached here two screenshots;
a) the time period matrix I walked thru;
b ) the final results with the correct calcs in Excel marked in Yellow

Any suggestion on how to amend the model is extremely welcome.
13. Bounce Rates.pbix (340.4 KB)

Many thanks as always
Diego

Hi @EnterpriseDNA ,

Did you have some time to look into my “analysis” posted here?
Any specific direction you can point me to (content of the platform, youtube videos, or whatnot)?

I would appreciate the help. Thank u so much
Diego

2022 VNEO Starting Point Completions, Incompletions Overall with Slicer.pbix (183.6 KB)
Maybe this can help you if you are looking for different day ranges. I did something similar with our orientation class where we wanted everyone to take within 15 days if possible but no longer than 60 days out.

Thank u!!
It turned out that I found the solution myself before you replied to me but thank you anyways :slight_smile:
Great community here