DAX beginner practices

Hi everyone, very new to the site but enjoying the experience. My question is, are there exercises on the site I can do / practice after learning the theoretical side of the courses. Basic I guess to start with but with a view to move onto to more challenging stuff later. I am a programme manager by trade if that helps filter the type of functions I should be looking at first. Thank you

2 Likes

@Pete ,

Welcome to the site and the forum – great to have you here!

With regard to your question, my recommendation would be after you’ve completed the Power BI Super Users course and the Data Transformations and Modeling course, to take a look at Power BI Accelerator in the portal.

This is a training course for relatively new Power BI users looking to quickly level up their skills that @sam.mckay and I teach. We are now through eight of 10 cycles in the course – all are recorded and available to members within the portal. Each cycle has a specific theme (Data Modeling, Understanding DAX Filter Context and CALCULATE, Conditional Formatting, etc.

You start with a problem set for each cycle, which also includes a number of specific study resources. You then try to work through the problems on your own, and then there is a live lecture and solution session that walks through the answers to each problem set.

I think you’ll find this a good way to reinforce and practice the learnings of the courses.

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian
2 Likes

Hello @Pete ! Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

In addition to what @BrianJ suggested above, you may want to check the Learning Map. You can customize your learning experience on this guide.

Here is the Power BI Accelerator course. It is an active problem-solving exercise designed by Enterprise DNA Experts for Power BI beginners.

This bi-weekly initiative inside the Enterprise DNA Forum presents real-world and practical scenarios that provide opportunity to accelerate your Power BI learning through the guidance of Experts.

Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’.

Hope this helps!