Date Slicer to update dynamically every day

Hi all,

I have a date slicer on my report which is used to filter the visuals on the page. Now I want the date slicer to dynamically adjust itself to the current year to today’s date range on every day. It is currently not doing that.

Example 1: If today is 3/8/2023, then the slicer should automatically reflect the date range ** **1/1/2021 to 3/8/2023.

**Example 2: If today is 3/15/2023, then the slicer should automatically reflect the date range 1/1/2021 to 3/15/2023.

Is it possible to implement this in the slicer style below?

If you are using the Enterprise DNA extended date table, you have a column called “IsAfterToday.” If you use the filter pane to apply a filter of IsAfterToday = false on the slicer (or the whole page), and then you clear the selection on the slicer, the top end of the range will be today, and it will automatically update each time the report refreshes. The problem is when you have made a selection with the slicer. The selection will not change on refresh if there is a specific date selected.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response Dave and I do have the Enterprise DNA extended date table. I will try it tonight prior to refresh and let you know.

You are awesome :smile:

Hello @ysherriff

If the solution provided by @DaveC helped you solved your inquiry, please do not forget to mark his answer as the Solution.

If it did not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

Thank you

Hi Dave,

The report refreshed today but it stayed at 3/8/2023, the slicer. It won’t go past 3/9/2023.

This is how I have it setup. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that you don’t have “3/8/2023” selected but instead have the selection cleared in the slicer. The way to make sure is to use the “Clear Selections” icon in the top right corner of the slicer. You have to hover over it before it will appear.

Date Slicer

1 Like

Hello @ysherriff

Did the response from @DaveC help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you