Date Slicer changing when week begins

Hi

So my week is Monday - Sunday and my date table confirms for example the start of the week is 9th Nov and End of Week is 15th Nov.

However when i place the dates in a slicer and use (relative date) it changes the period from (Mon-Fri) to (Sun to Sat)

Is there any way to edit this or fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

@martynross85

Can you share the sample PBIX file? It will be easier to see the problem by looking at the problem.

Thanks.

Just a thought … I imagine that the relative date filter (and other date filters) inherent in Power BI Desktop uses its own internal “dates” table and is not impacted by the presence of nor the settings in your own [Dates] table (this would allow e.g., the relative date filter to be used in reports that don’t have a dedicated date table). You may be out of luck.
Greg

Thanks for posting your question @martynross85. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

@martynross85 Hey Mate ,
Are you using a calendar table .then you can use table day type col.
with the help of that col .you can select in between weekend and weekdays .
uploading image for your reference .

You can insert this m code in your calendar query .

InsertDayType = Table.AddColumn(InsertDayName, “Day Type”, each if [DayInWeek] = 0 then “Weekend” else if [DayInWeek] = 6 then “Weekend” else “Weekday”),

@EnterpriseDNA @MudassirAli @Greg This will work for sure :smiley:

Thank You

1 Like

Hi @martynross85, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!