Dataset refresh fails in service but not in desktop

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue today?
All our scheduled dataset refreshes are failing for several reasons/errors whereby yesterday was fine and nothing our side has changed. Manually kicking off a refresh in service fails, but when we refresh from the .pbix desktop, it all works fine. ???

1 Like

Hey @marcster_uk Not had any issues today, not much help I know!

Support | Microsoft Power BI

I had a similar problem yesterday - but on research it turned out that our IT department changed a critical password that impacted the access to our database by the service. Once that was found and the problem resolved, my refresh worked as expected.

Thanks both. Logged on today, and all is well. Weird. Maybe something do with the message in the link posted above…

" Power BI customers using dataflows may experience long running refreshes or refreshes stuck in cancelling state. As a workaround, please refer to the Power BI Dataflow known issues documentation. Engineers have identified multiple root causes and expect a first improvement of the experience to be deployed by end-of-day 06/30/2022. A next major wave of fixes is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 07/21/2022."

1 Like