Dataformat.error:File contains corrupted data

Hi,
I am having an issue with importing an excel sheet from mail attachment in dataflows. The step in the dataflow where the binary file in the AttachmentContent (excel) is imported, it throws up the error “Dataformat.error:File contains corrupted data”. The excel attachment is not password protected and doesn’t have any special characters. I copied the m code from dataflow and replicated it in the power query editor of PBI desktop and the excel file content is imported without any issues or errors. The error only crops up in the dataflow. I appreciate any help or suggestion to troubleshoot/fix this. Thank you!
Since my question is related to production data, I am not able to attach the file here.

1 Like

Hello @anonymous310 Venkat Kiran, and welcome to the EnterpriseDNA Forum.

I suggest contacting your Tenant Administrator for guidance on any compliance
measures in place that may prevent this Dataflow from running.

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a like.

1 Like

Hi @ystroman, Thank you!
There are no issues with the compliance of dataflows. The error is thrown in one of the applied steps where the Excel attachment binary file from Microsoft exchange is expanded.
The same Excel when expanded in Power Query editor gets loaded without any issues.