Dataflow Odata Connection Error

Hi,

I am having real problems with a dataflow that i have which is pulling the General Ledger Entry Table from Dynamics 365 Business Central, the dataflow keeps falling over giving the following error:

OData: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

The dataflow falls over about 50% of the time every day which is starting to affect my reports as they are obviously not as up to date as they should be. The dataflow output is less than 50k rows and i’m only doing 1 calculated column which is just adding the company name so when i append the queries i know what lines relate to what company.

I have tried splitting out the dataflow into smaller chunks of data based on the posting date but still no joy.

I have spoken to my small IT team who are not really interested in helping they have said this is a Power BI issue but i get the feeling they said this to get me to go away!

Dataflow info:
Odata v4 connection with filters to select only certain columns
4 seperate queries, 1 for each company in BC
The queries are not loaded, I have appended the queries and this is the data that is loaded.
Pro licence / workspace

I tried putting a timeout at the end of my api connection link but this doesn’t help: Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0)])

I have also tried putting a posting date filter ($filter=) to scale down the amount of rows but still doesn’t work.

I tried using a Web Api / Json connection which works much faster than the Odata conenction but only returns 20k rows so not a solution.

Any info / help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi @BCS, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum.

I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @BCS, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 28th of June. Due to your inactivity, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.