Dataflow incremental refresh - missing data

Hi All,

I have dataflow with 20days incremental refresh and 4years total, Data change is also enabled. This works fine and there is no issue when I checked it yesterday and found that we don’t have data for 28-Feb-2021, now the question is how we can update the data for 28-Feb-2021 without full refresh? Is there anyway I can add the missing date data?

The data source is folder with excel files which has 5mb size and it is placed daily in the folder so it’s not feasible to do full refresh and also can’t change the refresh range now as it will reset the data and have to do full refresh.

Thanks
Mukesh

@MK3010 Partition your data?

Hi @AntrikshSharma

Yes but it’s dataflow so unable to use XMLA endpoint to connect with external tool, I don’t know how to connect. I already have my dataflow working and data gets added the only problem is I found 1 day data is missing 28-Feb) as I have set the range as 20days so it can’t fetch data outside the window.

So I am seeking help how to push this missing data which is outside incremental range

Thanks
Mukesh

this is just a thought, could you just do another dataflow for that day and append to your information?

I have no experience with this.

1 Like

Also it might just be a glitch in system download. Eventually you will have to refresh your data.

Hi @Keith

No there is no system glitch, I can’t refresh all as its data is huge and in past it used to fail. Also can’t add and dataflow as I already have 15 dataflow and all have missing data for that particular day. I am looking for some solutions which can push the missing data.

Thanks
Mukesh

hmmm…if all your data extracts is missing for that day, then i would say something happen between your dataflow and system. Its possible that the date within the system not formatted the same way as other dates or no data for that day at all
you will have to do some testing from the data flow and system for that day.
Only do a data flow for that day and see if you get information for it. if you don’t get data then its a system problem. you will have to involve your IT area to research why its not populating

Hi @Keith

I had done the testing and there was no issue. But the files are being placed manually by user and they had missed to place the file until we find that there is something missing.

Thanks
Mukesh

Hi @MK3010 - Looking at your responses and information available Online, Don’t think there is any other option available other than doing a full refresh.

If DataFlow is failing with 4 Years load. One thing you can try is to split the Data into Different Dataflow such as Historical data in One and Latest say one year data in other. This is something we do to decrease Datasets size or increase refresh time in my Organisation.

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Hi @MK3010, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @MK3010, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 27th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

1 Like

Hi Team

I am closing this thread as I could not find the solution for which I was looking( better to put as we don’t have the functionality as such to do so).

Thanks
Mukesh

1 Like