Data Visualization Workout 012 - Scatter chart - Quadrant highlighting

:face_with_peeking_eye: What sorcery is this? My squatter chart does not have error bands…

1 Like

In my version it doesn’t have it either :wink:

So, when you don’t have this feature what you need to do?

1 Like

… I guess we have to use a line chart and put exactly over the scatterplot …

2 Likes

You got the idea

1 Like

:exploding_head: the illusionists strike again

ok let’s keep it as the next challenge
:wink:

by now…
please find attached my solution to the original workout.
I think scatterplots are very cool !!!
ciao !
ROBRAV_wout012

Workout 012 - Scatter chart Quadrant highlight - Roberto Ravani OK.pbix (453.9 KB)

3 Likes

Here is my pbix:

Pbix

Workout 012_Final_AA_F.pbix (1.2 MB)

Hello Friends!

Find below my origin visualization set (PBI file may include some additional tables / measures that was not used to create this particular set of visualization).
Workout 012 - Gustaw Dudek.pbix (1.4 MB)

Have a great day!

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: This column chart magic needs some serious deconstruction and thinking about :thinking:

1 Like

OK, I’m having a hard time re-constructing the exact steps and necessary additional measures to create the background chart. Is there any chance you’ll make a tutorial in the near future?

1 Like

@Noemi
Here is my approach (my very first idea how to create such effect): https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7076963694298963968/

I also genuinely recommend to check @AlexandreAndrade approach, which is a bit different on level of constructing the bottom layer chart (background), but to some extend it might be treated as a simpler solution (in absolutely positive meaning).

2 Likes

Great tutorial! :tada:

2 Likes

Wooo!! Seriously @Gustaw ?

1 Like

You are fast! Bravo @Noemi

1 Like

eee

Hello,
How it is interacting Slicer while selecting Custom option
and its popup ( click to configure benchmarks ) text Button and while clicking None, average, medians and its disappear

Create a measure to hide/show the text button if the “custom” are selected. Likes this:

@AlexandreAndrade

Thanks for the solution

1 Like

Hi,
I can’t save my bookmark to hide Group 1.
Could you help me please.
Thanks.
WF12

Try with All visuals instead of Selected visuals in the bookmark’s settings when you update it.

1 Like