Data Visualization Workout 001 - Ratings

@Gustaw is in the house! Superb workout, I can’t wait to get stuck in……shame I have a job otherwise I’d be starting it now!

4 Likes

“Exhilarating! Although it presented a challenge, I am grateful for the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills. I eagerly anticipate the next challenge that comes my way.”

6 Likes

Mmmm, I got close I guess.

**Updated 28/03/23 -
as @Gustaw has said, lots of little design elements can add up to a great design…woke up this morning and realised how I had missed an element in the table.

By adding white lines, it separates out the grey background of the 2nd scale column to create/enhance the effect of a target data bar. Updated PBIX included also

Data Visualization Workout 001 - Ratings.pbix (88.4 KB)

9 Likes

Great workout - need some additional formatting and report title but here it is:

Rating_Example.pbix (44.2 KB)

6 Likes

Really top work!

2 Likes

Dear all, thanks for the nice challenge: On first glance it seemed easy, but some features did need some consulting of ChatGPT …
I added also two cards for the most and best rated hotels.

workout1_hotelRatings.pbix (751.3 KB)

8 Likes

Great first post on the forum @DianaAckermann :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

If someone need a native visuals for stars, you can check at:

6 Likes

@Gustaw - great workout!

I’ll preface this by saying I don’t have a lot of time this week but didn’t want to miss out. I didn’t try to hit the formatting, color scheme, or the full layout and rather just focused on capturing most of the elements (missed a few).

I think this is similar to skipping the one hour aerobics class and just hitting the treadmill for a few minutes.

Workout 001.pbix (70.7 KB)

8 Likes

@Gustaw

Here is my Submission for Viz Workout001

VIZ_workout001.pbix (80.2 KB)

Thanks
Dharmendar S

9 Likes

Workout 001 -Ratings.pbix (34.1 KB)

I like this workout. I am waiting for more …

6 Likes

Really enjoyed this one, learnt some visualisation and design tricks that will definitely be using going forward!

Data Visualization Workout 001 - Ratings.pbix (85.0 KB)

5 Likes

Absolutely bang on @jamie.bryan

1 Like

@DavieJoe Your pbix helped a lot with the bits I was stuck on!

2 Likes

Ahhhh, I love a bit of credit :wink:

Glad it helped, Gustaw let me know on the couple of bits I missed out on, like the line at the bottom and top of the bar chart. He also, rightly, called out the colour of the Y Star Axis wasn’t the same as the Star KPI at the top.

I genuinely woke up, the day after I posted mine, and my mind went ping…“ah he put white lines on his matrix to create the effect of the light grey being a surround” :joy:

Lots of small details can add up to big things!

3 Likes

Really enjoy this data visualization workout 001 - Ratings
Here it is my submission

Ratings workouts Gustaw Dudek.pbix (118.5 KB)

5 Likes

Hi,

I am stuck, I can’t make the values in the Scale columns disappear.

thank you for your help.

Rémi

3 Likes

Use the magic formatting trick of 3 semi colon’s ;;

4 Likes

Hello @Remi10

You can apply “;;;” format for your duplicated measure (i.e. for Reviews v2, and Avs Score v2).
It’s best to apply format using built-in format pane on the top ribbon, istead of using “format” function.

instead of i.e. whole number, you can rewrite to ;;;

4 Likes

Thank you both, I’ve been searching for more than an hour. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes