Data visualisation on a Map

Hi Experts, I am working on a file that shows the on / off status of network devices. I am trying to map the status of the device on a play axis map and build a picture of the volume of “OFF” devices over a period of time.

The data has an ON record and an OFF record.

Is there a way to keep the device showing as OFF as the map scrolls through the time intervals until the ON record appears? When ON record is activated the device disappears from the map or turns another colour if I select both ON & OFF to appear on the map.

A secondary question, can the time between ON / OFF records be recorded and summarised?

Attached is a file with anonymised data. Sorry I cannot share the location details.

regards
Steven
Device ON or Off Public.xlsx (3.0 MB)

Hi @stevens - Can’t help with the Map part. However, if you can provide more information on this “A secondary question, can the time between ON / OFF records be recorded and summarised?”. Then I can help.

Thanks
Ankit J

Thanks Ankit, I ended up creating a summarised table with device name, on, off columns filled with alarm date/time. Then created another column using datediff in minutes. The map is still proving to be a problem.

Ok @stevens. Like I mentioned, could have helped with Summarization but can’t help with the Maps.

Hi @stevens,

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you need any further assistance.

Our Experts and Community members are always willing to help, but we need more information to fully understand your current situation and provide the best possible solution. If you could provide some additional details or clarify your question further, we would be happy to help.

Alternatively, if you have already found a solution to your question, please let us know and mark your reply as the solution. This will help other members who may have similar questions in the future.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you, I managed to work through part of the problem. Which is to use summarise to deal with time between device going off and coming back on. (Thank you accelerator course notes :slight_smile: )

I am still trying to develop a time lapsed map that shows devices going “off” and staying “off” until going “on” again.

The problem is the data only has a record that shows what date/time the device goes “off” and when it comes back “on”. How do we keep the device showing on the map during the time intervals between “off” and “on”?

I think the solution is to create a record for each device in each time iteration showing the last alarm status.

cheers
Steven

Unfortunately I cannot provide the complete data with locations as it is confidential.

Hi @stevens,

I am writing to let you know that we closed this post tagging your recent reply as the solution.

If you still have a question or need further assistance, we encourage you to create a new forum post with more details about your current situation. This will help our Experts and Community members better understand your question and provide more accurate and timely solutions.

When creating a new post, please make sure to provide the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

This will help our members and experts provide a more effective solution for your needs.

Thank you for your participation in our community, and we hope to hear from you again soon.