Data Source Settings

Hello all,

I am brand new to PBI and this is my first inquiry.

First of all I am sourcing my data through excel spreadsheets and I am having issues developing a data pathway. Under ‘datesets’, I don’t have a “gateway connection” most likely due to one of my queries. Under “data source settings” I am getting the warning:

“some data sources may no be listed because of hand authored queries”.

One of my queries is just “key measures” and I feel like that’s issue. I’d love to show you all my model, but some of the data is proprietary. Please let me know if any of this sticks out as a red flag and let me knew if you need further info.

Kent

@darwinwright

I found this article that may help you resolve this issue: https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/12/10/credentials-data-privacy-settings-and-data-sources-in-power-query-power-bi/

Please advise if this was helpful.
All the best - @lsquintana17

1 Like

Omg, you’re my new bestfriend. I’ll let you know if it works.

2 Likes

Hi @darwinwright, just wanted to check if the suggestion worked for you. If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @darwinwright, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since a few days ago.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @darwinwright, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

1 Like