Data Model Structure

Hello,
I have a relatively simple data model but I am wondering how best to say it up as the way I have it now I am encountering some issues.
I have 3 employee tables as each employee can either be the Managing, the Responsible or the Working Lawyer on a particular Matter, and two fact tables which can’t be combined.
The Managing and Responsible lawyer tables I have connected to Matter through their respective IDs but I am unable to join the Working Lawyer in the same way as there is no Matter Working Lawyer ID. As such, I have joined working lawyer directly to the fact tables but then if I create a visual with Matter and a metric, I can’t use the Matter from the Matter table as there is no relationship and if I use the Matter from one of the fact tables, only the measures associated with that fact table work.

Any recommendations on how to best set this up please?

Sample File.pbix (37.8 KB)

Hi @garym9006,
Thank you very much for posting your question in the forum.
I share a data model similar to the one you are commenting on in which I do not see any problem to use the Matter field of the dimension table and the Total Amount measure.

Regards,

Sample File_JAFP.pbix (44.4 KB)

Hello @garym9006

Did the response from @jafernandezpuga help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark his answer as the SOLUTION.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @garym9006 ,

Due to the length by which this post has been active, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

Thanks to the contributors of this post.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Please feel free to reopen this thread if anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.

Thank you