Data Model for Consolidated Households vs. Non Consolidated Individual Accounts?

Hi everyone,

Could really use some help in setting up one of my first complex data models. I have examples for illustrative detail. Essentially I need to consolidate information from our donor database CRM in ‘households’ and be able to roll up that information to total $ amounts as a unit at the same level as non-consolidated or complex models. Our database allows us to have contacts as one entity with unique CON # and organizations as a separate entity with unique ORG #.

I have a file where I would like to consolidate household accounts that combine CON # and ORG #s and I need to roll up those totals.

e.g. “Smith Family” is the consolidated household Group Identifier and includes:
CON 123 Bob Smith
CON 456 Janet Smith
ORG 123 Bob’s Company
ORG 456 Janet’s Company

I have a table with all of the unique CON #s and a table with all the unique ORG #s. Then I have a “consolidated table” structured with all the CON#s and ORG #s that make up a household.

What is the best way to model the data in order to have consolidated households roll up $ information at the same level as non consolidated households?

Hi @dcads. Could you please share a small Excel file with some sample data? Thanks, Greg

Hi @dcads, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @dcads

As Greg mentioned, please share sample data or PBIX file for further help. It is difficult to provide suggestions based on the information provided.

Thanks
Ankit J

I agree with the above comments. It’s difficult to provide much assistance without seeing a demo model and more images around the scenario.

Sam

Hi @dcads, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 28th of July. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!