Data Label Colors

I am unable to change the colors of my data labels for a donut chart. I saw an older issue from 2022 but it said it was resolved. I updated to the newest February 2023 update and that is when this issue came up.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

Hi @michael.gyure,

Would you mind sharing pbix file? (demo / anonymized data)

Best regards

Scenario Analysis.pbix (408.0 KB)

This is a lesson from EDNA and I have the same issue with these as with my own data. I thought this might be easier than anonymizing my data real quick.

@michael.gyure

Assuming that you are looking for an option to apply conditional formatting, from my perspective, what you need is to use one category/column for “legend” field. It allows you to conditionally format the font color basing i.e. on selectedvalue function.

If your intention is to apply standard font colors (w/o fx options), feedback provided by @Greg should solve the problem.

Scenario Analysis.pbix (412.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @michael.gyure. Try the Detail labels\Color section of the Format pane.

If this doesn’t help, as already mentioned, please upload a sample PBIX that illustrates your issue.
Greg

1 Like

Wow I can’t believe I didn’t catch this. Thank you for the help and you were absolutely correct I had my value in the details pane. Thank you for helping me with this. :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Hello @michael.gyure

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @michael.gyure

Due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,.

We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!