Data Gateway Lost Recovery Key

We have only one Data Gateway server in our envrionment and we do not have the recovery key stored anywhere. From all of the reading I have done so far it appears that we will need to build a new Data Gateway (as a cluster this time) making sure to keep the recovery key.

To assist with the migration to the new data gateway does anyone know if there is a way to script out the datasources on the data gateway and then using either the REST API’s or PowerShell to update the datasources on the Power BI Service with the new data gateway?

Hi @Yted,

If you haven’t come across Brett Powell’s blog yet, you might want to check it out here: Insight Quest, I know he has multiple articles on Power BI PowerShell modules and the Power BI REST APIs.

I hope this is helpful

1 Like

Hello @Yted, good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the response from @Melissa help you solve your inquiry?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @Yted, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since September 9.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.