Cross-sell based on market

Hello Sam/all,

I am excited to find one of your showcase about Cross-selling opportunities, the idea of comparing products and find who and how many customers buy more than 1 product.

Which just give me an idea, how would it be like if instead comparing product, we go through and comparing the market section of both customer and product ?

So if under Customer master I have information of what market this customer are IN, and my product also has this information of what market this product can be sell.

We can have prospect customer that “might bought” the other product which is in the same market.

For example like this information :

From here we know :

• 2 customers are bought same product SoftA

But based on the market, we also can sell SoftB to both as it is in the same market but they both has not buy it.

This is typically for company that sell service, so not a consumer item but it may apply as well.

I have some sample data (in excel) hopefully applicable for this kind of scenario, in here :
Cross-sell.xlsx (15.3 KB)

Can’t wait to see how we can visualize this. :grinning:

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Toni, do you have a working pbix file? It would be easier for our community to help you if you can provide a pbix file. Thanks

Hi,

I tried to create few example, hope it is suitable.
Cross-sell.pbix (25.1 KB)

Based on the pbix, we can see that CustA has bought SoftA, but based on the market of the applications, we can offer SoftC, SoftD, and SoftE since it is the same market information that this CustA resides.

We can prospect other customer by offering applications that in their market.

We also can have a list Application with how many customer bought it already, which at this moment, SoftA bought by 2 cust, so this is the most valuable assets (application)

Hope it is suitable (and make sense).

Hi @Toni,
I played a little bit with PBI that you provide:

• with Split column options - to get MarketID in separate column
  • with merge - to get existing Customer, Market ID and Application ID (which they bought) in the same table - to get table look like that you post in 1. post
  • keep Application Market Mix in separate table - to get potential base
  • keep Lookup tables Applications, Customers, Markets with basic dimensional elements

And then try to find some solution to bring Potential indicator in the table.

After that simple PBI Example :
Cross-sell v1.2.pbix (50.6 KB)

Main drawback with this technique is that works for small number of products.
For larger scale of products model should be different.

Hope it helps.

Good luck.

Maja

2 Likes

Hi @Toni, did the response provided by @mspanic help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hello @Toni , it’s been a while since we got a response from you.

Just following up if you still need help with your inquiry?

If you do, kindly provide the information the experts requested above so they can help you further.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Toni, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

Hi Toni,
I love the idea of comparing markets instead of just products for cross-selling opportunities! It could open up a whole new dimension for targeting potential customers. Your sample data looks promising. I also suggest you create a site and promote it with https://www.searchseo.io/traffic-bot/searchseo-serpclix so more people see it. Exciting stuff!