Creating Menu in power BI

Hi Team,

Thank you for all the good contents.

I was a Qlikview/Qlik Sense developer and my company recently want to move to Power BI. I learn a lot from Sam and all participants in the support page.

I wanted to add some functionality to my report and I couldn’t find anything that I wanted. I also read most topics about power BI menu and bookmarks but it doesn’t address my issue.

I wanted to create a menu, upon clicking the menu it will list different tab and each tab will lead the user to different pages. this will save a lot of space on my report and avoid unnecessary buttons. Image is attached to show what I wanted to add on my report.

Is there any functionality similar to this in power BI or can I achieve this in any workaround.

Menu1

Regards

Hi @sirky welcome to the forum.

Sam does have an item on this but uses a navigation report page instead of a menu, you can find that here

So here’s another example this one shows how to build a pop out menu, you can place slicers, buttons or whatever you like on there of course.

I hope this helps you on your way.

1 Like

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your quick reply. I already applied the bookmark navigation in the Sam video before and it’s really amazing feature.

But the second video looks like helpful for what am trying to achieve.

Thank you very much!