Creating a Percentage Proportionality Table

Hello,

I am trying to recreate a table that I usually create using Excel in Power BI. I m about to provide a sample source of it here. I have two tables, one is Employee and one is Employee Absent Records. I usually create a table that shows the percentages and all distribution for them. And below is a sample picture of how it looks in Excel,

I usually have everything hard coded inside. We have more than two types of Absent Types that we track, I have just kept two here for the simplicity. I know how to do the calculations in Power BI for the two tables, however, I am struggling to figure out how to combine both the tables together. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am attaching the files here.t_Absent_Prpppppo.pbix (33.1 KB)

@supergallagher25,

Is this what you’re looking for?:

If so, I have a very low-tech solution:

1. Just physically put the two matricies side-by-side
  2. On the second one, set the subgroup column width to zero by dragging the right column boundary all the way to the left
  3. Set the two word wrap settings to “off” as such:

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Alternatively, you could use measures to bring the data together, something like:

I actually need to make it look like the image I had posted above unfortunately. I know that there are ways I can combine both the tables. However, I have not been successful at making it look like the image I have posted above since they come from different tables.

Think the only issue would be the changing double header row, you’ve depicted (Absent types, Overall, Percentage). However you could deal with that with a naming convention.

A part from that you can bring it all together with a few actual measures and not relying on implicit measures like you’ve done in your sample file. Your table fields should come from your dim Employee table and your measures should analyse the fact Absent table for the selected dimensions.

I hope this is helpful.

Hi @supergallagher25, did the response provided by the contributors help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @supergallagher25, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!