Create new dynamic table using selected value from slicer - Continue of the topic

Hello,

in the post Create new dynamic table using selected value from slicer - #7 by BrianJ the topic was greatly solved on the visual by filtering it with the help of a Measure which depends on a slicer.
Link to a PBIX with the proposed solution is: https://forum.enterprisedna.co/uploads/short-url/1heLvLgVNx6cbfneksB3vnSH2eK.pbix

I have quite similar task with what you have solved in your post.
There you calculated a Measure “Joiner mark” and used it in the visual element to filter unnecessary rows out. This works fine as a visual.
BUT I need later to make SUMMARIZE and later TOPN with such “Joiner list” table filtered by a slicer to group them and to show only TOP 5 groups.
I searched in the forum, but unfortunately haven’t found any solution for it.
Can you advise if this is possible?
thank you in advance.

Alexander

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Thanks.
I am more and more getting to understand that this is impossible to make in PowerBI.
Measures cannot help as measure can represent only one column, but not the table with several columns, which is needed for further aggregation and summarizing.
Calculated tables also cannot help as they are re-calculated only on the data refresh, and can’t react on slicer changes.
Seems as a limitation of a PowerBI platform.

If anyone has different opinion and ideas - please let me know.
Thanks

Alexander

Hi @Alexander1,

We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.
Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts’ and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!