Create a Project Timeline with Milestones

Hi,

I’m trying to develop a project timeline that allows you to select which tasks and milestones are to be included. I’ve attached an example image of something I’ve produced in MS Project but am completely unsure how to progress in BI.

Any ideas/pointers will be gratefully received.

James

unfortunately, I don’t have any ideas/pointers but I think this is a great post and would love to keep track of the solution!

You can try using Timeline Storyteller Custom Visual. That is the closest visual I could find for your requirement. Else, you might have to create one using Charticulator or Deneb.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381136?src=office&corrid=ce22e436-6555-afbd-620b-3d0983520039&omexanonuid=&referralurl=

Hi @jamesmarr32, have you tried the suggestions above?

Hi @jamesmarr32, we’ve noticed that no response was received from you on the suggestions given above.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi, I have tried - whilst the app has some merit, it’s not the most user-friendly and didn’t create the timeline that I was looking for. More suggestions would be gratefully welcomed!

Hi @jamesmarr32! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!