Convert Excel file to a flat file

Hi,

I get my numbers in a strange way, I would like it re-arranged. Someone who can help?

I have attached the file where I in the Tab Start shows how it looks when I get the numbers, and the Tab End how I would like it to look.

I guess its a hard one…

Best regards
HansAccountingList.xlsx (28.1 KB)

Hello @Hans,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

So in the Excel file, here are the end results that you’ve provided as shown below -

End Result 1:

In order to achieve the above result, below are the transformative steps performed to achieve the end result 1. I’m providing the screenshot of the steps for the reference -

So after performing this steps, here’s the end result 1 -

End Result 2:

In order to achieve the above result, below are the transformative steps performed to achieve the end result 2. I’m providing the screenshot of the steps for the reference -

Convert Excel To A Flat File - 5

So after performing this steps, here’s the end result 2 -

Lastly, also attaching the screenshot of the visualization of both the end results.

Just a quick note here: I’m not sure, which “Date” format you’re following, i.e. “YYYY-DD-MM” or “YYYY-MM-DD”. But whichever the case maybe, it’s absolutely doable. (Just let me know, if required, and I’ll be happy to make the changes accordingly)

I’m also attaching the Excel as well as PBIX file of the working for the reference.

Just give a shout in case wherever you find it difficult to understand the transformation steps.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

AccountingList.xlsx (28.1 KB)

Convert Excel To A Flat File - Harsh.pbix (26.5 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks for posting your question @Hans. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @Hans, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 12th of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!