Connection to website database

Hi, I am trying to create a connection to our website database. The website has a custom-built CRM, products and sales database. Is the Web API key the best way to do this? Do I get this information from the web developer?

Thank you for your help in advance :grinning:

@Felicia ,

In my experience with the CRM in my previous job, I found it easiest to use “Organizational Account” and pass it my authentication credentials through that option.

• Brian

Thank you, @BrianJ.

I have tried, but it doesn’t work for me. The person before me used an API Key to connect the website database to Tableau. So I figured API Key is the only way to do this.

Is there any concerns or issues with using API Key that I need to know? I recall reading somewhere that a better practice is have a data warehouse between the live database and PBI.

@Felicia ,

I will defer to others here with much greater knowlege of data warehouse architecture than I have, but I’m not aware of any particular concerns with using an API key if that’s the way connection to your data is structured.

• Brian
1 Like

Welcome to the Enterprise DNA Forum @Felicia.

Bumping this post for more visibility to all.

1 Like

Hi @Felicia! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now. We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum.

However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!

Connecting to your website database is a crucial step. While a Web API key can be one way to establish this connection, it’s essential to work closely with your web developer to ensure a smooth integration.
If you’re dealing with a custom-built CRM and database, the expertise of a professional developer can be invaluable. Consider exploring developer services and try to Hire Magento 2 developer if you need assistance.
A Magento 2 developer can help you navigate the complexities of your specific setup and ensure a secure and efficient connection to your website’s database. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them for expert guidance and support.