Connecting to XLS from 64 bit Power BI

I am trying to connect to an XLS file using Power BI (64 bit). However I am not able to.
I have found that since Power BI is 64 bit and XLS driver is 32 bit, it can create issue.
But is there any way to connect to XLS from 64 bit Power BI?

Anu,

I would suggest converting XLS file to CSV, then try connecting it to Power BI. I usually convert my XLSX or XLS files to CSV before connecting to Power BI.

Thanks
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

why XLSX needs to be converted to CSV?

Also , is there anyway by which without doing any conversion, that I will be able to connect to XLS

Anu,

It doesn’t have to be converted, but many people do it because of the size of the XLSX file. If I find the article I’ll post it, but Reza Rad was a person of late who advised to do this. I would also suggest getting the latest version of Excel so you can save your XLS as a XLSX.

Thanks

Size ?CSV can handle more data?

Also, please advice , From my 64 bit Power BI , how can I connect to XLS without any intermediate conversion to XLSX or CSV.

Anu,

Here is a link from Microsoft that will help give you a solution to this.

Thanks

Hi Anu,

To use xls file type, you’ve to get your Microsoft office updated. Please follow the instructions.

Hi @Anu, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 24th of February. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!