Connecting Multiple Reports

Hello,

I hope this is the right category for the question, as I was not initially sure, but it’s more close to this topic.
I am currently working on a metrics project, where each metric has it’s one dataset & visual layer structure, post the go-live, one of the questions was if there can be a summary report, taking the main measure result from each report.

What do you think would be the best way to achieve this? I have also added a structure on how the data is maintained.
Initially I thought of connecting to the dataflow, but this would also imply doing a measure change in case this is required, in multiple places.

Kind regards and thank you,
Michael Sampsonidis

1 Like

have you explored dashboards? With everything in the same app, you should be able to use that as a solution.

2 Likes

Hey @michaelsampsonidis I may have misunderstood this but if you house each report in one workspace/app and then pin the individual metrics to a dashboard then it’s job done.

1 Like

I thought of it, the challenge comes from the fact that those result across the report should have the possibility to filter them through, 2 dimensions which are common across, which on the dashboard would not work, unless each metric would have it’s own filter.

The only two alternative for now that I thought of are:

• Having a big standalone dataset, to which each report would live connect
  • Reusing the data from dataflows, which would result in double modifications in case of measure changes

The data tables are not big, but I do not know how the live connection would work in the end with around 20-30 tables.

@michaelsampsonidis, since you need to filter results between the reports, I think you’re only option is to create a single dataset and report - with multiple tabs.

You can still use the dataflows to create the dataset, and build your measures into the dataset.

Hello @michaelsampsonidis, good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry.

Did the responses above help you solve your inquiry? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @michaelsampsonidis, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since Oct 1.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @michaelsampsonidis, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, please create a new thread.