Conditional textinput and retain the value in datacard control

I have cerated a PowerApps application where employee can insert/update/modify their projects. My physical data location dropdown control (DataCardValue1) includes:
Room No and Digital Data Only
I have inserted a textinput box (txt_phyloc) on top of the data control card so when users select “Room No”, they are able to insert Room no in the textinput box. Everything works and the value of textinput box is captured in the SharePont list but the value isn’t showing in the DataCardValue1 or at best it flashes the value for a second. Attached are a few screenshots. First image shows dropdown single choice. When users select Room No, then they are presnted with a Textbox to insert Room No. This is depicted in image 2. After inserting room no, I submit the Form and data are captured in SharePoint list but doesn’t show in the Textinput box if I go back and check. This is shown in image3.
Image1

I have the following codes in both DataCardValue1 and txt_phyloc:

DataCardValue1 (DataCardValue)/Visible = Self.Selected.Value <> “Room No”

txt_phyloc (Text Input)/Visible = !DataCardValue1.Visible, and

PhysStorLoc_DataCard (Main Control Card) /Update: If(DataCardValue1.Selected.Value = “Room No”,
{Value:txt_phyloc.Text},
DataCardValue1.Selected
)

I appreciate your help with this issue.
Helal

Image1
Image1

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi @Helal

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that your inquiry was out of the experts’ and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!