Conditional Formatting in Matrix header!

Hi Team,

I have a requirement which I am not sure how to solve. I want to conditionally format background of a header in the matrix visual. But I can’t see any option to set colour of the header dynamically in the matrix. Did anyone implement any workaround?

Sample file is attached.

sample model.pbix (2.4 MB)

1 Like

Hi

As you can see in the below image that power bi do not give us any option on conditional formatting for headers in table or matrix visual:

For work around you need to create whole background for the table and on that you can do the conditional coloring.

Hopefully i am clear to you if not just let me know i try to show you with and example.

Thanks

Hi @Anurag ,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I was thinking the same that there is no option of conditional formatting of headers. What my end user expectation is that they want to provide different colours to different regions to make it more visible to end users like below:

How can I achieve this? Do you have any idea? Sample file is attached.

Kind Regards,
Naila

Hi ,

To achieve the above output like show in the below screenshot:

Steps you need to follow :

1. Set style to none

1. Turn off the background

After doing above step you end up getting a transparent table

4.The last step can be done in two way either create a theme in other tool and put your table above that theme or you can use shape how i used to create the above expected output result.

Attaching the pbix for your refrence:

Thanks

This might help

Thank you to all the contributors of this post.

Hi @Naila, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, you can create a new thread.