Conditional calculation of report

Is there a way, technique or best practice, to prevent a report from calculate until certain criteria are fullfilled. I have a request for a very detailed purchase order report who is only of interest after selecting a specific purchase order. So is there a way to condition a report only to calculate if number of selected purchase order is one?
Thanks in advance

/robert

I guess your question might be related to threshold triggers!? If so, Sam has a tutorial on that here:

@robsmi,

I’m not aware of any way to do this automatically, but there are some settings where you can control this manually. Go to the Options menu, and select Query Reduction. From there, you can toggle the two settings highlighted, prevent filters and slicers from recalculating until you manually hit the Apply button:

Not exactly the requirement you specified, but this may be the closest you can currently get in Power BI.

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!