Completed Form Dashboard help

Hi there

I have created a dashboard to help us keep track of form completion but I am having some issues.
What I have is a dashboard with 2 tabs. The first tab is intended to provide an overview, and in the context of the real data, it includes feedback to student, amongst other things. The second tab, is supposed to provide an over view of form “count” data.

Essentially what I am aiming for in the second tab is a view where a user can select a rotation, or a site, or a student, and it will display how many forms have been completed based on the selection, as well as a total form completion regardless of rotation selection.

Currently, when the rotation slicer is multi-selected as below, the matrix table visual displays duplicate values across two rows for the same ID, where “Completed” forms across Rotation 2 first half and Rotation 2 second half have different “Expected” values. There may be a better way to display this information than the matrix, but I can’t get it working properly to test out alternative options. I initially had the rotation slicer as single select, as it stopped the duplication of data in the top (4 week) table.

I have attached a version of anonymised and really cut back data (thanks to the useful video on masking sensitive data).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Anonymised Dashboard.pbix (665.2 KB)
AnonymisedData.xlsx (540.2 KB)

The Response IDs are they the same ID in each table, and does this also correlate to anything else, such as rotation etc?

It hink its happening because Response ID is not a dimension, it can be shown each time it is in the Fact table if you are using the field from something other than a Dim table where it is unique.

Is it possible to have the Response ID as a Dim in the Stat Schema and flattened to include attributes that are linked to the Response ID to avoid snowflaking if possible.

Hi @michelleb

We’ve noticed that no response was received from you on the post above.

Just following up if you still require assistance to solve your inquiry.
If yes, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Thanks Kylie for your response. That is something I have never considered…I used the response ID as I assumed they would be unique across tables…but I have not actually checked. But no, the response ID is not linked to anything else. I assume there might be some disconnect somewhere in my model, but I hit a brick wall trying to work out where that might be.

I will give your suggestion a shot tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hello @michelleb

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @michelleb

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that you no longer require assistance to solve your inquiry.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.