Combining Reports

there are multiple developers creating multiple reports.
All are based on one shared data set.

I would like to keep the reports seperately but allow the users to access them in a similar way as if they were all in one report.

I am aware that I could use Apps - but as we are limited to one app per workspace this just does not work.

Is there another way of doing this before I have to mash all of the reports together as I think that will get messy and hard to maintain.
Thanks
E

1 Like

In my experience, an app is the simplest solution - can you have all of the developers work in a shared workspace?

• They could re-upload their reports into the shared workspace, and then you could create a single app from all the reports.
  • One potential downside to this is report access, if you use an app to distribute the reports, then all reports in the app are shared with all the users given access to the app.

It is possible to hyperlink to reports - I’m actually working on a similar project for my team, creating a report that describes the purpose of each of the other reports, and including a hyperlink to click through to the desired report.

2 Likes

@Heather
I did look at the hyperlink. Unfortunatelly the 1 App per workspace is not working well for us.
Will look into this further
Thanks
E

Hi @ells, did the response provided by @Heather help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Holly bananas.
Using ALM I can not move measures from one report to another. Both of my reports use a shared dataset and when I open ALM toolkit it does not seem to connect to them.
This could be really bad I will now have to recreate all measures, bookmarks etc

Is there no easier way.
Thanks
E

@Heather
Is there a way to get the link to open in the same window. At the moment it opens a new tab.

This you tube gives an awesome way of doing this from slicers etc.

Thanks
E

sorry @ells, I have not found a way to prevent a new window from opening. And when I do a web search, it seems that this is a common issue.

The best work-around I have seen is to use cross-report drillthrough, but I don’t see how that will help in this instance.

For my issue, the new window is actually what I want, because that way the person using the navigation page will have access to that through their session.

1 Like

Hi @ells, did the response provided by @Heather help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @ells, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 29th of April. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @ells, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!