Combine 2 table visuals

How do I combine 2 TABLE VISUALS to get measures synced up.

I have 2 different datasets which doesn’t talk to each other.

I have created 2 different table visuals.

What I am looking for is: how do I combine these 2 together so I can see Measure 4, Measure 5 and Measure 6 along with Measure 1, Measure 2 and Measure 3.

I am looking for something akin to “merge” function in Power Query but at the table visual level.

I tried to create a Custom column where I concatenated “Year and Business Unit” and created custom column and then joined both custom column (Many to many) in Power Query and created a join. But that gave me very weird answers.

Here is the pbix:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ggj_tnjgxngHWPu8KPGI0QrASDL8LR43/view?usp=sharing

Any help is appreciated.
-ez

1 Like

Hello @rit372002

Request you share us the only the PBIX sample file the above folder shared contains many files.

Thanks
Dharmendar S

@Dharma

You have to click on the download button on the right to get the PBIX file.

Thanks,
EZ

Hi @rit372002, kindly provide the file requested above. It would be helpful to our community members in providing solution to your query

Hi @rit372002,
Thank you very much for posting your query in the forum.
I share a possible solution in which I have modified the data model so that both fact tables are filtered by the same DATES and Business Unit dimension tables.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks @jafernandezpuga , first I created a distinctkey column in both the fact table by concatenating few columns.

then I created 2 lookup tables (creating by referencing the 2 fact tables and removed all the other columns) with business unit and other dimensions that I needed. and then I appended those 2 tables and took out all duplicates.

Once the dimension table in place, I connected both the fact tables based on the distinctkey from this dimension table.

I think that’s what you ended up doing it as well without creating lookup tables. I will checkout your solution as well.

thanks,
EZ

Hi @rit372002,

I’d like to check again with you if the answer @jafernandezpuga provided above helped you solve your inquiry.

If it does, kindly mark the answer as the solution that solved your query.

If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help do you need further?