Colored in the cell of the Exported File

LE MoM.pbix (376.0 KB)
Hi,
Is it possible to have the file exported with the same color that is in the visual.

When this visual is exported into Excel it should highlight the same color in the file which is in the visual.

1 Like

@mohammedkhan11 ,

OK, almost every time I say something is not possible in Power BI, someone more clever proves me wrong, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that this one is not possible.

The only option for exporting from a visual is CSV, which is a plain text format containing no information about cell formatting. To avoid looking foolish, I also checked this on Stack Overflow, on which multiple posters confirmed my conclusion:

So, I’m going to stick with “not possible” on this one.

Not the answer you were looking for, but hopefully this is helpful.

• Brian
1 Like

@BrianJ,
I have tried to export from the visual from the cloud version and it was giving me two option .CSV and Excel (Just to let you know)

I wish I could be clever but here I am trying to look for all the possibilities to get the requirement done.
and I think you are not going out on limb here… I knew it wasn’t an easy asking therefore I wouldn’t blame anyone… even if anyone share the solution I wouldn’t put you in the limelight.

Muhammad

@mohammedkhan11 ,

I just looked this up on the Microsoft Power BI Ideas site, and it is not currently possible but in need of additional votes:

• Brian

it appears that this MIGHT be possible with paginated reports: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-paginated-report#export-the-paginated-report

But in order to post a Paginated report to the service, you need to have a Premium (or Premium per User) subscription

3 Likes

Can you try it with the report i have provided ?

Unfortunately, I do not have access to Paginated Reports, my Power Bi license is a Pro license, and so that function is not available to me. The link provided in my initial response is part of the Microsoft documentation for Paginated reports.

1 Like

Hi @mohammedkhan11, did the response provided by @BrianJ and @Heather help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @mohammedkhan11, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 20th of June. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @mohammedkhan11, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!