Collapse query Groups

How do I prevent query groups expanding without me wanting them to? I have a workbook with 12 Transform with Sample queries plus the output queries and its annoying to have the groups expand all the time

Hi @AllisterB,

As of now we don’t have that feature. Similar idea has already been submitted in the power bi forum you can vote for this. A work around i could think of is that you create a Master folder under which you can have all your sub query. You can expand and collapse the master folder.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=f3801fe0-b25b-4b6e-9bb6-97667f378998

1 Like

@AllisterB @MK3010

There IS an option for this already, although it is by NO means intuitive or easy to find. It definitely fits into what I call the ‘fiddly’ solution type (aka - finicky, taking some care to position your mouse)

Ex 1. if you have the scroll bar showing on your query pane, put your mouse over the scroll bar and right click:
and yes, that 'Collapse All" that you see will collapse all folders & sub folders

Ex 2. if you DON"T have the scroll bar showing on your query pane, place your mouse anywhere below the tables, and right click to get the same menu:

I agree completely that it would be better if we had a button or if this were available at the TOP of the pane, but you can access it anywhere along the scroll bar if you need it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Heather

What i understand from the @AllisterB query is he/she knows that we have option to expand and collapse but he/she doesn’t want to have that. Once Query editor window opens it can be like below as default( should have in setting to show or not when open Query Editor window) and user can expand when they want.

So to reduce the number of clicks user can just click on highlighted triangle to collapse.And to expand right click and expand all or expand the one which is required or do all by right click and clicking expand all.

Thank You
A tidy work around

1 Like