Clicking on tiles in APP is redirecting users to workspace (by default)

Hello,

At the moment: when I pin a tile from a report into a dashboard, and then I publish that dashboard as part of an app. When my user CLICKS a tile in the dashboard, he is automatically taken to the exact page in the report within the WORKSPACE.

What I want: When he clicks the tile, I want him to be taken to the exact page of the report within the APP. I don’t want him to be taken to the workspace.

Is there anyway to do this? (other than a custom link) ?

@michellepace

You can set custom link to tile.

Click on Edit details, Check set custom link and External Link
URL - APP Link

Hi @michellepace, did the response provided by @Rajesh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @michellepace, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 22nd of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi Rajesh, thank you very much for that. Just a quick question though to check my understanding more than anything. If a dashboard is published in an APP, is the “default” behaviour really supposed to redirect you to the report proper every time you click a tile? Its just weird for me, I would have expected it to direct you to the APP (where free users can access the report). ?

@michellepace

Select (click) a tile

When you select a tile, what happens next depends on how the tile was created and if it has a custom link. If it has a custom link, selecting the tile takes you to that link. Otherwise, selecting the tile takes you to the report,

2 Likes

Thank you!