Change Existing english report to Arabic language by giving a language swich option

Hello Experts,

I have a very urgent requirement from the client to have arabic version of the existing english report, by giving a toggle option to switch between English to Arabic.

When they switch to arabic all title,column will change to arabic.

Database is sql server and reports is connected to more than 15 tables.

Is it possible ? Please guide

Hi @Shoeb.

I feel your pain, but unfortunately AFAIK there is not a quick-and-easy way to edit an existing report to be bilingual with a toggle button. I have sucessfully done it, but needed additional translation files, separate pages, and significant rework. As well, it is possible to retrofit a report but much easier to design-in bilingual from the start; in both cases, it has taken a not-insignificant amount of time to implement.

Here’s a YouTube I did a couple of years ago on one possible solution:

Hope this helps.
Greg

1 Like

Thanks Greg for the clarification

Hi Greg, firstly happy new year. I had doubts about one or another item in this video, such as the selectlanguage measure, so I entered the platform to take the course and as it was remodeled I couldn’t find it anymore, is there any way to have access again, I really need this solution. Thanks

Hi @Avelino

Here’s a link to the Enterprise DNA Blog post on this subject:

And here’s the demo PBIX from April 2021 that I used in preparing the YouTube video (and that served as the basis of the blog post writtin by Enterprise DNA):
Demo - Power BI Multilingual.pbix (156.2 KB)

(To my knowledge, the subject was never addressed in an eDNA platform course or forum thread, so it makes sense you couldn’t find it.)

Hope it helps.
Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for the support. I accessed the base image below via the YouTube link and it took me to a page that I think is old from eDNA. I’ll put the image.

Unknown … @EnterpriseDNA … please pursue.
Greg

Thank´s Greg. One last question. Can I also use the translation for a filter visual? For the values, not just the title.

Not sure what you mean by a “filter visual”. Please create a new thread for all new questions.
Greg