Categorizing customers by number of visits in month

Hi, I am trying to segment customers by their number of visits per month(per unique daily visits) and have created a few categories such as “1”, “2-5”, “6-10”, “11-20” and “20+” etc. I’m wanting to determine how many of the visitors fall into each category to get a percentage of customers in each category. So a customer could come every day and would be “20+” and one that only only came 4 days would be a “2-5”.

I’ve created a measure which counts the number of times a customer visits in each month based on page filter(monthly) and on unique daily visits:
Visit_Player_Sum = sumx(
VALUES(‘Calendar’[Date]),
CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(
‘Player Transaction’[CustomerID]))
)

I’ve then created another measure to categorise these into the different buckets:

VisitsbyCustomerbyMonth =
SWITCH(
True(),
[Visit_Player_Sum]>0 && [Visit_Player_Sum]<2, “1”,
[Visit_Player_Sum]>1 && [Visit_Player_Sum]<6, “2-5”,
[Visit_Player_Sum]>5 && [Visit_Player_Sum]<11, “6-10”,
[Visit_Player_Sum]>10 && [Visit_Player_Sum]<16, “11-15”,
[Visit_Player_Sum]>15 && [Visit_Player_Sum]<21, “16-20”,
[Visit_Player_Sum]>20 , “21+”,
“NA”
)

When I create a table and show each customer ID and the number of visits per month per customer and the category of visit this captures it correctly. I’m wanting to show a pie/donut chart breakdown of the categories and their total number and percentage of total but I’m unable to figure this last step out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hello @CB88

We notice that no response was received from you on the post above.

Also you did not provide a masked demo pbix file and other supporting links and details so other users can help you in your query.

Due to your inactivity, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Should you wish to add your masked demo pbix file and other supporting links and details, you can reopen this thread.

Thank you!