Card visual to interact with table

Hi,

I have created a card visual and when I click on the card, I am wanting the table visual to only show the same number of records in the card visual. Is there a way of getting the card visual to drilldown to a table. Or use a similar visual that will only display the metric result. For example 16 so only 16 records will display in the table.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @ElizabethTachjian,

Thank you for posting the query into the Forum.

While directly there’s no option to drill through directly via Card Visual but you can definitely customize it in order have drill through via this option.

I’m providing a link of several videos which are created by Jason Davidson. When I saw this videos it was just mind boggling for me that this could also be done in this manner while I was familiar with the bookmark technique but in part one of the video he has just taken it to a next level.

Hoping you find this videos useful and helps you to achieve the best desired analysis. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

How to Create a Drillthrough from a Card Visual in Power BI - 1

Creating a Drillthrough from a Power BI card visual - 2

2 Likes

I am assuming that you have different tables for your data source/s that is why it is not filtering when clicking the table entry. Try establishing the relationships of your tables. Just go to Models and then Manage Relationships. If it’s not the case, then you need other solutions

Hi @ElizabethTachjian did the response provided by @davidcenna help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and, what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

No my question was not answer. I think I should have used word cross filtering from a card visual. I worked out how.
Cheers Elizabeth tachjian

Also I am not getting notifications that the question has been answered. Can somebody please check my setting to determine what I am missing.

Cheers

Hi @ElizabethTachjian, we will look into your notification setting further, also the notifications may also change depending on every browser you use. Thanks!