Cannot access team licenses or invite team

Hello - I just purchased three licenses for my team. I’m having a hard time navigating how to get them assigned to my team. The chat bot tells me to use the manager dashboard, but the button is not there. If I add /team to the URL, I get a different dashboard, and a form where I can invite team members, but they never get the email.

What do I need to do here to get us up and running?

Hi @MichaelBiasetti ,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the issue with assigning licenses to your team. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have looked into your profile, and it should be working now. Kindly use an incognito window where no browser cache is stored to log in to On-Demand and access the Manager’s Dashboard.

Additionally, we are thrilled to announce a new enhancement to our platform! In our ongoing efforts to provide greater flexibility and autonomy for our valued clients, we have introduced a range of exciting do-it-yourself features in our On-Demand Platform for Team Managers. Discover these innovative tools and empower your team to excel like never before: Team Help Center.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to assisting you further.

Best regards,

Enterprise DNA Support Team