Calculations and Data Modeling

PBIX: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1FqqgW6GCwGE6GOVXWeY6L6lAX26Gdf/view?usp=sharing)

1. I am trying to add some calculations to a filter that is on the same page as the Matrix chart and it does not want to activate on the canvas when selecting a specific dax to a filter. Does PowerBI not support Dax calculations as filters? Calculations I want to filter on are Period Merics, YTD Metrics, also Period/Year in Bracs table and Period and Year, Posting period in ZTBR table.

2. There is a filter applied, Period - P2 in the Bracs table. I just can not find where this period was selected, because it is the only period that shows in the filter and there are plenty more Periods.

3. Bracs & ZTBR’s data are combined as they are different data sources. Table Cash Flow Descriptions contains all of the descriptions that are in both tables, Totals descriptions might not be in either of the two tables mentioned, but only in Table Cash Flow Descriptions.

These two tables are not related or connected directly, and thus I can not combine DAX calculations from both in a combined filter. Any chance this can be done?

• I can place a filter on a column FY IN the calendar table.