Calculating Lifetime Values and including in cumulative Totals

@sam.mckay and @EnterpriseDNA team:

am trying to calculate the lifetime values but some of the products are no longer in the current period. For example if I am looking at May 2019, I want to see the Lifetime totals from inception to May 2019 even for products whose last activity was in March 2019 for example.

FLEET ST LIFETIME INT.xlsx (582.1 KB)
Fleet St Lifetime Interest.pbix (97.3 KB)

When I chart these values cumulatively, I get a chart that does not make sense.

Hi,

If you wish to create cumulative totals Sam has a few videos on Cumulative totals DAX formula’s.
I went through your model, why are you using iterative functions , it works fine with the nonX functions, probably only for the cumulatives a X function us required.

Paul

Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

Hi,

Just to make sure I understood well, I have added some measures and visuals to your report.

Fleet St Lifetime Interest.pbix (103.9 KB)

Paul

@Paul

• It still does not appear to match my objective. What I am expecting is that if I select 2014 and 2015 for example, that the line chart / area chart would increase by the amount for each year and the end-date value would be equal to the total.

• Much like YTD is a sum of all MTD up to the selected month, I am expecting the lifetime value to cumulatively increase each month or each year to the selected month or year. I hope this clarifies my query.

I think that the Cum. YTD Interest PL code that you formulated works. Let me try to change it in my system.

ok, it should work for cumulative totals. Depending on your requirements, “play” with the use of ALLSELECTED or ALL in that formula. ALLSELECTED reflects the dates in your visual.

Paul