Calculating a future Date as a measure

Hi,

I’d like to calculate a Date in the future as a measure with the result of the measure being the date itself.

Namely 1000 weeks from now

For example

Expected Date = DATEADD(TODAY(), (1000*7), DAY)

It keeps saying DATEADD Must Specify a column so I’m not sure how to create a measure to do this.

Stuck hope you can help Dave.

1 Like

Hi,

dateadd would require use of a column, ideally from your date table.

Let me know if the below works for you.

Test =
FORMAT ( TODAY () + ( 1000 * 7 ), “dd/mm/yy” )

Hi @DavidNealon

There are often multiple ways to dal with an issue in Power BI. Dates are stored internally as numbers, so you can just use simple math to generate whatever you want. Here’s a measure that calculates the date 1000 weeks into the future:

Future Date = 
VAR _Today = TODAY()
VAR _Result = _Today + ( 1000 * 7 )

RETURN
_Result

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Future Date.pbix (15.3 KB)

1 Like

Hello @DavidNealon

Did the response from @Greg (thank you) above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hello @DavidNealon

Good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the responses from @Greg you solve your inquiry?

If it does, kindly mark his answer as the Solution to your query.

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help do you need further?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @DavidNealon

Due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,.

We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!