Building a personal portfolio

Hey everyone,

just wondered if anyone has built their own personal portfolio of Power BI Reports, published them to the web or their own website and how they went about this?

Curious to understand the different ways this could be accomplished both in terms of simplicity, Power BI Licences and cost etc.

Thanks

David

Hi @DavieJoe.

I created one in Microsoft Word, with a screenshot and public link to each report in the portfolio; I update the file as necessary. (The file is currently about 15 MB, so I won’t upload it here, but you can take a look on my LinkedIn profile.)

I needed to have PTW (publish-to-web) used to generate the public links, and you can either do this yourself (if your license allows it) or get another who has PTW to do it for you and send you the links. I personally have a Pro license and do it myself.

Hope this helps.
Greg

1 Like

Thanks Greg, checked out your suggested link on Linkedin, very helpful. Will take a proper look once I’ve finished the day job :+1:

Thanks again
David

@DavieJoe ,

If you want to see an example of a beautiful personal portfolio, check out @datazoe’s at:

https://www.datazoepowerbi.com/

She built this with Wix, and I remember her saying that it was neither expensive nor difficult to build. IMO, a portfolio like this is orders of magnitude more important to me from a Hiring Manager perspective than a folder full of formal certifications. Even if I didn’t know Zoe, 3 minutes spent looking at this portfolio would tell me that this person REALLY knows what they’re doing with Power BI.

• Brian
4 Likes

Thanks Brian, wonderful example of Zoe’s tremendous skills & capabilities. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Thanks @BrianJ ! It was fairly straight forward to set up and less than pro license per month for pre-paying 3 years for hosting and domain.

To be honest, you could even do it inception style :slight_smile: Power BI portfolio inside of a Power BI report that is published to web and link that on your LinkedIn. Power BI reports themselves can be just as interactive as a website. The bonus is that you don’t have any extra cost other than a pro license.

3 Likes