BPA In Tabular Editor

I am running the BPA in Tabular Editor and working my way through issues found but when I get to the BPA of “Provide format string for measures”, I am not sure how to set up a format string for measures that are text based?

I understand the format string requirement for numeric measures but not textual.

For example, I have a text flag measure that designates invoices as “New” or “Established” revenue.

Is there an appropriate Format String for text measures or should I just ignore these objects?

@cygnex ,

Unless it’s a numeric or date field, I just ignore the format string.

• Brian

Thank you, that is what I thought.

@cygnex ,

If I recall correctly, you can adjust a setting in the BPA so that it won’t even trigger BPA warnings for format string issues. Personally, I leave it on, and just ignore it after I’m sure I’m compliant with regard to my numeric and date fields.

Pretty incredible tool though…

• Brian

Hello @cygnex, welcome to the forum!

Good to see that you are making progress with your inquiry. :slight_smile:

A gentle reminder that we discourage opening up a previously closed thread as a solution was marked for this question already.

You may want to create a new thread if you’ll ask a question. :wink:

You may check out the [forum guides here] for more information. (https://forum.enterprisedna.co/c/forum-guides/23).

I’m creating a new thread for you so users and experts can see clearly your question feel free to edit the title and category. Thanks!

Yes, Tabular Editor 3 is one of the most impressive tools I have used.

The description of the BPA is a bit misleading - “Visible measures should have their format string property assigned”, since not all measures are numeric or date.

I do use the rule to check non-textual measures but I have many of both kinds, so it can be a bit of a challenge to filter out the text based ones until I get all of the numeric ones fixed.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello @cygnex, good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the response from @BrianJ help you solve your inquiry?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @cygnex, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since September 18.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.