Best Practices / Options for date slicer which updates automatically

Hi All,
I have a report with a date slicer similar to below. The client has requested that the default date selection update to the current fiscal month. They would like to keep the slicer format as close to the current slicer as possible.

I see 2 options here and would like the community’s option on what works best or is a standard practice

Existing slicer

Option 1- Use text “Current Month” as a slicer option. This works, however it means that not all slicer options are formatted the same way.

Option 2- Relative date slicer.
This limits the options of what can be selected (e.g. can’t select a single month that was 3 months ago. Also, it does not work with Fiscal Months.

Are there any other ideas or best practices that you are using?
Thanks,
DJ

I had a similar request from a client, it was to display current quarter. I created a Current Quarter flag in my date table, so a Y or N. Published the report with Y as a default in the filter pane and with standard date slicers available also.

Would be interested to hear other approaches.

DJ

2 Likes

Hi @DeanJ, did the response provided by @DavieJoe help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @DeanJ, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 22nd of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @DeanJ, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!