Balance Sheet Prior Year Comparisons

I have been following the Financial Statements tutorial.

1. My financial years run from April to March and all of by reporting is based on this.

2. My transaction table contains the FY

3. I am using @Melissa date table

4. What I 'can’t figure out is how to calculate variances between columns.

5. You don’t seem to be able to do it directly in Matrix, so I assume I need some type of measure as in the income statement, but can’t figure it out how to get the prior years.

Any ideas?

Thanks you,

Paul

Hello @kellysolutions,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well yes you’ll be required to calculate the variances the way it’s being done for the Income Statement Analysis.

I’m attaching the screenshot below the way I achieved the results while I was practicing and going through this course.

Well since the data is not actual and is only a demo data you won’t witness any significant change/variations in the Assets as well as in the Liabilities. And also you will witness that Assets figures are not equal to the Liabilities and this is not because of the calculation error but due to the demo nature of the data.

I’m also attaching the PBIX file of my working for the reference. You can also copy and paste the formulas from this file.

Hoping you find this useful and helps you in your analysis. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

Financial Reporting - Harsh.pbix (860.6 KB)

Hi @kellysolutions, did the response provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi Harsh,

I am sorry for not replying sooner, I just got bogged down in what I was going.

Thank you for your reply, but after reading it and looking at my model again I figured out what my problem was…I really shouldn’t try to do complicated stuff after bedtime :slight_smile:

Thank you again,

Paul