Authenticating credential error when refreshing merged table with OneDrive excel files

Hi all,

I have 5 excel files that are linked to Power BI from OneDrive and I appended them into one table… See image #1 for the files and image #2 for file path. The file path is online, so that is correct. I also authenticated with OAuth2. See image # 3.

But the issue is that I have the appended file merged to a different table but it fails when refreshes. See image # 4. I disabled the merged table and refreshe the OneDrive files by themselves and it worked. I then disabled the onedrive files and tried to refresh only the merged table and it fails. The issue is with the merged table.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your input and help.

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Two questions for you.

• Did you test this both in Desktop AND the online Service?
  • If so and the behaviour is identical. (note I would expect to see a different error message but…) Have you tried combining the code for both queries in a single query?

Hi Melissa,

I did not try it vua Desktop only througb dataow online. I will try it and get back to you later today…

Curous on the second question, how would I go about combining into one query if you are getting data from dofferent sources? I thought you had to merge or append?

Thanks for your help and teaching.

Melissa,

I have tried it on the desktop with no errors. See image #1.

But my question to you is how do I combine the code for both queries. I am familiar with append and merge or are you speaking of something different?

Thanks again for your awesome help.

Hello @ysherriff ,

Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved.

Thanks to the contributors of this post.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Please feel free to reopen this thread if anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.

Thank you