Apply conditional formatting to multiple columns in a Matrix or Table

I need to apply identical rules based formatting to 18 columns on at least five matrixes. Is there a way I can do this in bulk?

Jamie,

No current way to do it in bulk, have to go into each column and set the conditional formatting. That would make things much easier though!

Thanks
Jarrett

@JarrettM,

I agree. This came up last week in a different context, and I thought it might be doable with Calculation Groups in Tabular Editor, but I did some research on that and it appears not to be possible (yet…)

• Brian

Just a thought, don’t know if its even remotely applicable: if you can encapsulate all of the conditional formatting rules into one measure (if, for example, its only background colour), then perhaps this “Field Value” could be used everywhere. (So write once, use many)?
Greg

@Greg,

Could do it in one measure, no issue. Only thing is you still have to add that measure to each of the columns under conditional formatting.

Thanks
Jarrett

Yup … that’s why it not exactly a “bulk” solution, but would let the rules/code just be written once.

Hi @Jamie , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 20th of November. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!