App & Report Access / Permissions

Hi, i have an PBI App which has several reports within the App, i have shared the App with a small team of people but now i need to give access to some new people but only access to one of the reports within the App, what is the best way to do this?

I thought about sharing the individual report with them and not share the App but will they be able to see the other reports in the App if they hacve access to one report? I have read that if i give them workspace access then they will be able to view all the other reports in the workspace so workspace access is not going to work.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

You will need to add RLS (Row Level Security) to the reports that you want specific people to view.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

1 Like

@BCS, I have just tested this in my environment, having an App that is shared with one group (Group A), and a report from inside that App that needs to be shared with another user (User B).

If I share the Workspace that the app is in with User B, then yes, that user has access to all of the reports.
However, if I share only the REPORT with User B, they do not have access to any other report from the App.

@DavieJoe is correct that RLS would allow you to mask data from a given report based on the login of the user, but I don’t think that is the solution you are looking for in this instance.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, i will share the reports independently and use RLS

2 Likes