An error during deployment of Function to Azure

Dear Habib and other members of eDNA,

I am currently going through course: " Basics of the ChatGPT API". Everything was going well until I reached the step “Azure Function Testing and Deployment”, where created Function is deployed into Azure.

An error occurs during deployment. When I look into Output, the last lines describing a problem read as:
“4:02:42 PM learningopenai: Malformed SCM_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE when uploading built content.
4:02:42 PM learningopenai: Generating summary of Oryx build
4:02:42 PM learningopenai: Deployment Log file does not exist in /tmp/oryx-build.log
4:02:42 PM learningopenai: The logfile at /tmp/oryx-build.log is empty. Unable to fetch the summary of build
4:02:42 PM learningopenai: Deployment Failed. deployer = ms-azuretools-vscode deploymentPath = Functions App ZipDeploy. Extract zip. Remote build.
4:02:54 PM learningopenai: Deployment failed.”

I tried to use ChatGPT to ask for an advice, tried to create a new setting in Azure named “SCM_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE”, but it ended up telling that such setting cannot be saved. I also tried to go through some threads on stackoverflow, but described problem did not appear to be similar to mine. I am not proficient in programming and didn’t know how to implement their solution into my issue.

I am wondering if someone else encountered similar issue and found a walkaround.

Please, let me know if my question is not elaborated enough and you need any further details.

Thank you.

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

1 Like

I am getting the same error. I have been struggling with this course for a while now as I have been troubleshooting many issues while setting up the environment.

Can anyone assist?

1 Like

Hi @saidk and @mstehr ,

The Team is now in communication with Henry and he’s looking into this already.
We will be providing you with updates on this Thread, but for now, we’ll be closing this thread.

we appreciate your patience.
Thank you

1 Like