Aligning text values in a calculated column

Hello
User request - report layout:
Below is a screenshot of the client’s report layout request
user_request_aligned_values
All the attributes come from the same dimension “Expense Type”.

What I want to archieve
I want the Units column to be right aligned as in client’s requested report layout.

Graph used
I am using a matrix so I can have totals for each Category (Eg. Mass Salariale Etendue) and Sub-categories (Eg. Consommables) .

What I did
I created a new calculated column, concatenating 3 individual columns - ID (Eg.111, Label (Eg. Cadres), Unite (Eg. KXPF). I tried using the REPT function and adding spaces based on the number of characters but I cannot get the proper right alignment layout. The measures “MaxRubr”, “LenRubr”, DiffLenRubr" and “MaxDiffRubr” are all based on the column "Rubrique (Code-Libellé) Screenshot below of my current layout :

Below is the calculation I am trying to use

Has anyone come across a similar problem before?

Thanks heaps in advance

Hi Fiona,

Maybe there’s nothing wrong with your approach. Have you tried selecting a monospaced font?

1 Like

Hi @Melissa,
No but I’ll test that

Thanks
Fiona

@Melissa
Unfortunately the monospaced option did not work :frowning: Anyway I’ll keep on searching online

Thanks
Fiona

if you’re using the traditional Matrix visualization, what result do you get when you look at the field formatting options for that column?

NOTE: no, I’m not a kindergarten teacher tracking kid’s crayon preferences, this is part of a dashboard I use as a training tool for new report viewers, so they don’t get caught up in numbers, and instead focus on how the charts interact.

Hi @Heather
The column that I am trying to format is a calculated column from a dimension - so an attribute of the dimension. I don’t have the options in your attached screenshot as the column is not a measure.

Thanks
Fiona

Darn, I missed that part, sorry Fiona.

And I’m guessing it’s not possible for your calculated column to be returned via a measure, moving that over into the Values bucket of the matrix?

Hi @Heather,
Thank you hor your reply.

Yes I did try that and it showed well. However I had issues when filtering the matrix. The dimension attributes that did not have a value in the fact table were still showing.

So for now I just concatenated the values as is and explain to the user that it is technically impossible.